PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
PSO1: An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems in three core streams of Mechanical Engineering, i.e. design engineering, thermal and fluids engineering and manufacturing engineering.
PSO2: Graduates will be competent enough to learn managerial skills to work effectively in a team and in a society by following ethical and environmental practices
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
The Graduates of Mechanical Engineering will be able to
PEO1: Prepare for successful careers in industry that meets the needs of Industries.
PEO2: Develop the ability to synthesize data and technical concepts for application to product design
PEO3: Provide opportunity to work as part of teams on multi disciplinary projects
PEO4: Develop various soft skills in order to prepare them for pursuing diverse careers in industry
PEO5: Provide with a sound foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
PEO6: Develop Techno-commercial skills like, Research Aptitude, Entrepreneurship and Creative efforts in Mechanical Engineering and aligned areas of Science and Technology.