From Principal's Desk (Engineering)
Seeking a career that provides an exposure for continuous learning and creativity which will result into an outcome of my skills and potential.
|S.N. ||Degree/Diploma ||University/Institution ||Principal Subjects ||Year of Passing ||Class/Division (%Marks)
||M.S. Board of Sec. & Higher Sec. Education, Nagpur
||Science and Maths.
|Position secured in the list of meritorious students of Nagpur board -21st Merit
||M.S. Board of Sec. & Higher Sec. Education, Nagpur
||Physics, Chemistry Mathematics
|Position secured in the list of meritorious students of Nagpur board -17th Merit
||Amravati University, Amravati
||Electronics, Microprocessors, Communication Engg.
||M.E. Digital Electronics
||S.G.B.Amravati University Amravati
||DIP, Computer network Microcontroller
||S.G.B.Amravati University Amravati Under the supervision of Prof. Dr. S.G. Akojwar
||'Development of gradual transition detection algorithms in video segmentation'
||13th Feb. 2017
|Sr. No. ||Position / Designation held ||Period ||Duration ||Name of employer ||Last pay drawn (pay scale) ||Nature of appointment
||Professor and I/C Principal
||30/01/2018 to till date
||Wainganga college of Engineering and Management, Nagpur
||26/08/2017 to 29/01/2018
||Vardhaman Engg. College, Hyderabad (Autonomous)
||Associate Professor & HOD
||1/6/2017 to 17/10/2017
||Assistant Professor & HOD
||13/05/2014 to 31/5/2017
||Associate Professor & Vice Principal & HOD
||1/6/2013 to 11/5/2014
||Associate Professor & Principal
||1/9/2012 to 31/5/2013
||Associate Prof. & HOD
||12/1/12 to 31/8/2012
||38792 -9000- 67000
||18/11/2011 to 11/01/2012
||Associate Prof.& HOD
||31/3/2011 to 17/11/2011
||Assistant Prof. & HOD
||14/11/2008 to 30/3/2011
||20/8/2003 to 13/11/2008
||20/8/97 to 19/8/03
||20/9/92 to 19/8/97
||July 90 to Sept 92
||P.G.Deptt.of Applied Electronics Amt. University
- "A Novel Technique For Direction of Arrival (DOA) Estimation with modeling of Acousto-Optic Sensor for Naval Application" A research proposal submitted to Ministry of Defense, DRDO, Naval Research Board as a Co-Investigator.
- Proposal for UGC grants to conduct National level Symposium on “Recent Trends in Wireless Smart Sensor Network” as a Convener of the Symposium.
- 1.Paper published in National Conference on "Realization of digital filters". at Rajkot on 25th March 2002.
- Paper Published in National Conference on "Digital Image Processing" at Coimbatore on 11th Dec., 2003.
- Paper published in National Conference at JDIET, Yavatmal on 02/07/04.
- 4.Paper published in National conference on "Short Range Communication Between Vehicles" at L&T Institute of Technology, Bombay on 30 -31st , Oct. 2009.
- Paper Published in National Conference On Research Trends In Electronics, Computer Science & Information Technology & Doctoral Research Meet on "Performance evaluation of Fade and Dissolve Detection algorithm for different video sequences", 21st – 22nd Feb, 2014.
- Paper published in International Conference PICA-2006 at PCEA, Nagpur on 11-14th July, 2006.
- Paper published in International Conference ICIP-2007 at University Visveshvarayya College of Engineering Bangalore University, Bangalore on 10-12th , August 2007
- Paper published in International Conference ICEVD-2008 at Padmashri Dr.V. Vikhe Patil College of Engg. Ahemadagar on 20-21st ,March 2008.
- Paper published in International Conference ICETE-2013 at Rajiv Gandhi college of Engg. & Research, Nagpur on 20th Dec., 2013.
- 5. Salim A. Chavan, Amol A. Alkari, Dr. Sudhir G. Akojwar, "Comparative Study of Various Gradual Transition Detection Techniques", Elsevier Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering & Technology 'ICRTET-2014', 28-30th March, 2014.
- Salim A. Chavan, Rajeshri B.Telang, Dr. Sudhir G. Akojwar, "An Efficient Cooperative shot Boundary Detection in Presence of Camera Motion & Illumination", Elsevier Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering & Technology ICRTET'-2014, 28-30th March, 2014.
- Salim Chavan, Sudhir Akojwar, "An efficient method for fade and dissolve detection in presence of camera motion & illumination", Proceeding of IEEE International conference on Electrical, Electronics and Optimization Techniques ,ICEEOT- 2016, 3-5th March, 2016.
National & International Journals :
- S. A. Chavan, S. G. Akojwar, "Gradual transition detection algorithms: A survey", International journal for Scientific & Engineering research, volume 4, issue 2, Feb 2013.
- Akshata M.Bansod, Abhijit P. Kuttarmare, Mayur B. Aher, Salim A .Chavan, "Comparision of Techniques for Detection of Fades and Dissolves in Video Sequences", IOSR Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering( IOSR-JEEE) pp. 62-66, 2014.
- Salim Chavan, Abhijit Chincholkar, "Intelligent Object Based Video Inpainting Approach for Video Repairing",International Journal of Scientific Research, volume 3,issue 4, 2014.
- Salim Chavan, Abhijit Chincholkar, "An Intelligent Object Inpainting Approach for Video Reparing using MATLAB",International Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering and Technology, vol.5, issue 2, pp.36-41,2014.
- Salim Chavan,Abhijit Chincholkar, "Spatio-Temporal Consistency Maintenance in Intelligent Object Based Video Inpainting :A Review", International Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering, volume 3,issue 3,2014.
- Salim Chavan, "An Efficient Method for Gradual Transition Detection in Presence of Camera Motion", International Journal and Research in Computer, volume 1, issue 6, 2014
- Salim Chavan, Sudhir G. Akojwar, "Effective Algorithm for Detection of Dissolve inPresence of Motion and Illumination", International Journal of Computer Applications145(1):33-39, July 2016.
- Madhuri D. Bobade, Salim Chavan , Prof. S.G.Akojwar, "Development of Quick Algorithm for Wipe Transition", International Journal of application an innovations in Engineering and Management, vol 5, issue 7,2016.
- 9.Mikhal Rakshaskar , Salim Chavan, "Comparative Study of Various Algorithms for Detection of Fades in Video Sequences", The International Journal of Engineering And Science (IJES), vol. 5, Issue 7,2016
- 10.Apurva R. Rajankar, Salim Chavan, Pankaj Pandit, "Development of an Efficient Algorithm for dissolve using Discrete Cosine Transform", International Conference onRecent Trends in Engineering Science and Technology (ICRTEST -17),vol.5,Issue 1,2017.
- M.Narayana, Salim Chavan,L. Koteshwar Rao, "Evaluation of Distance Metrics: Application to Image Retrieval",Jour of Adv Research in Dynamical & control systems,Vol 10, 14-Special Issue,2018 ( Scopus index)
- Salim Chavan, M.Narayana, L. Koteshwar Rao, "Detection and classification of wipe transitions in sport videos in presence of object motion", International journal of Engineering and Technology, 7(2) (2018)536-539. ( Scopus index )
Book Chapters :
- Salim Chavan, Sudhir Akojwar , "Performance Evaluation of Algorithm for Detection of Fades in Video Sequences in Presence of motion and Illumination", Advances in Intelligent Systems Research, Atlantis Press, Vol. 137, Pp. 358-366, 2017.
- Salim Chavan, Sudhir Akojwar , "Effective algorithm for detection of wipes in presence of motion and illumination", Advances in Intelligent Systems Research, Atlantis Press, Vol. 137, Pp.598-609, 2017.
Patents Registered :
- Process For Detection Of Fade in and Fade Out In Presence Of Motion And Illumination.(Filed On 22/11/2016)
- Process For Detection Of Wipes In Presence Of Motion And Illumination. (Filed On 10/10/2016)
- "Brain Tumor Classification and Detection using Neural Network", Published in Scholars’ Press, ISBN: 978-3-330-65105-5, 2017
- "Video Shot Boundary Detection Techniques", Published in Scholars’ Press, ISBN: 978-62002-31253-7, 2018
- Organizing Secretary for National level Conference on 'Recent trends in Computer and Communication Networking' on 2nd & 3rd July 2004 at JDIET, Yavatmal.
- Co-ordinator for University level workshop on 'Curriculum Design' on 26th & 27th April 2004 at JDIET, Yavatmal.
- Co-ordinator for STTP on 'Matlab and its Applications' on 9th to 14th October 2006 at JDIET, Yavatmal.
- Co-convener for STTP on 'DIP & its Applications' on 29th October to 2nd November 2007 at JDIET, Yavatmal.
- Co-convener for STTP on 'Advances in Artificial Intelligence' on 11th to 14th November 2008 at JDIET, Yavatmal.
- Advisory committee member for Technical Symposium Antratech-12 on Jan-2012 at DBNCOET, Yavatmal.
- Convener for Two week STTP on 'VLSI design & Signal processing' on 29th Oct-8th Nov, 2012 at DBNCOET, Yavatmal.
- Patron for Antratech-13 on Feb-2013 at DBNCOET, Yavatmal.
- Organized University level cultural event 'Youth festival' in my tenure as a Principal on Nov. 2013 at DBNCOET, Yavatmal .
- Member of Executive committee for National conference on 'Emerging technology in academic library & information centres' on January-14 at DBNCOET, Yavatmal.
- Member of executive committee for National conference on 'Engineering trends in Medical sciences' on February-14 at DBNCOET, Yavatmal
- Organizing secretary for Technical Symposium Antratech-14 on March-2014 at DBNCOET, Yavatmal .
- Convener of Two Days National Symposium on "Recent Trends in Wireless Smart Sensor Network" on 11 &12 Oct. 2017at SBJITMR, Nagpur.
- Attended A National Level Seminar on "Optical Fiber Communication" at MACT Bhopal'.
- Attended A Seminar on "Entrepreneurship Development" at Pusad.
- Attended A Workshop on "Personality Excellence" on 23rd Sept. 1995.
- Attended 3 Days Workshop on "Induction Training For Teachers" at Pusad on 21-23rd Nov., 1995.
- Attended A Workshop on "Internal Assessment" at Pusad on 10 - 11th March,1996.
- Attended Three Days Seminar on "Environmental Issues in Technical Education" at Pusad on 9-11th April ,1997.
- Attended A Two Days National Workshop on "Advanced Communication Systems & Application" on 24 - 25th Dec., 1998.
- Attended Fourth State Convention and National Conference on "Towards Excellence in Technical Education in 21st Century" at Pusad on 23 - 24th Nov., 1999.
- Attended Three Days "Induction Training For Teachers" at JDIET, Yavatmal on 5- 7th Oct. 2001.
- Attended One Day "Mass Awareness Program on Water For Sustainable Power" on 29th Sept.,2004.
- Worked as a Judge For National Level Technical Paper Presentation Contest "Technoxtreme-05" on 26-27th Feb., 2005.
- Attended Two Days Workshop on "Research Methodology" For "Engineering and Technology" on 23 -24th March, 2005.
- Attended Two Days Seminar on "Information Communication and Education" on 5-6th August, 2006.
- Attended Workshop on "Matlab & Its Applications" on 18-19th Oct., 2005.
- Attended Workshop on "LaTex" on 10th Dec., 2013.
- Attended Two Weeks Short Term Course on "Computer Networking" at COE, Badnera on 17-30th Nov., 2002.
- Attended Two Weeks Short Term Course On "VLSI Circuit Design Using VHDL" at PEC, Nagpur on 17 – 29th Nov., 2003.
- Attended One Week Short Term Training Program on "Matlab & Its Applications" on 9-14th October, 2006
- Attended One Week Short Term Training Program on "Web Authoring Tools" on 17-21stApril, 2007.
- Attended One Week Short Term Training Program on "Computational Fluid Dynamics" on 4-8th June , 2007.
- Attended One Week Short Term Training Program on "DIP & Its Applications" on 29th October -2nd Nov, 2007.
- Attended One Week Short Term Training Program on "Recent Trends in Artificial Intelligence" on 10-14th Nov., 2008.
- 8.Attended One Week Short Term Training Program on "VLSI & Embedded System" on 5-9th Oct., 2009
- Attended two week STTP on "Research methodology" at JDIET, Yavatmal.
- 10.Attended one week STTP on "Advanced image acquisition, processing & applications" on 6-11th Jan., 2013.
- 11.Attended two week STTP on "Analytical tools for Engineering research" at JDIET, Yavatmal on 16-25th 2013.
OTHER RELATED EXPERIENCE
- Officer In-charge for University Theory Examination winter and summer -2010.
- Secretary Staff Council for 15 years
- Training And Tour In-charge.
- Admission In-charge.
- Co-ordinator for designing Information Brochure and Magazine of the College for 10 years.
- Co-ordinator for General Administration in one of the College Section for 2 years.
- Local Management Committee Member.
- Extension activities in the college from 1997.
- Dean students for 2 years in JDIET, Yavatmal.
- 1.Worked as judge in National Conferences and State level project exhibition "DIPEX".
- Received awards for projects guided to the students.
- National scholarship holder from 4th Std. to 12th Std.
- Merit in SSC & HSC.
- Member of board of studies in Bio-medical Engg. SGBAU, Amravati.
- Received best paper presentation award in National conference (NCDRM) organized by RGCERT,Chandrapur in 2014.
- Worked as NAAC Co-ordinator for college and awarded 'A' Grade by NAAC
- Member of Board of studies on Adhoc Board for Biomedical Engineering in S.G.B. Amravati University Amravati.
- Worked as PRINCIPAL I/C at Dr. Bhausaheb Nandurkar College of Engineering and Technology, Yavatmal from 1/9/2012 to 31/5/2013.
- Worked as VICE PRINCIPAL at Dr. Bhausaheb Nandurkar College of Engineering and Technology, Yavatmal from 1/6/2013 to 11/5/2014
- Worked as Head of the department at JDIET, Yavatmal from 14/11/2008 to 17/11/2011.
- Associated with establishment of Digital Communication lab for UG as per new CBS scheme.
- Development of Communication Engineering Laboratory, Microwave Engineering Laboratory.
- Faculty In charge of Departmental Professional bodies.
- Vice President of IETE sub center, Yavatmal.
- Executive member of IETE center, Amravati.
- Coordinator and member of Curriculum Development Workshops at University level.
- Involved in Outcome Based Education (O.B.E.) NBA process.
- B.Tech: Projects Guided: 25
- M.Tech: Dissertations Guided: 11
EXPERT LECTURES DELIVERED:
- Expert lecture delivered on "Antenna and Wave propagation" at Smt. R. Pandav College of Engineering , Nagpur on 14/09/2016.
- Expert lecture delivered on "Video Processing and its applications" at P.R. Pote College of Engineering , Amravati.
- Expert lecture delivered on "Microwave passive components" at Wainganga College of Engineering and Management, Nagpur on 10/03/2014.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Life member of ISTE ( LM -18543 )
- Fellow member of IETE (F-155651), Ex- Executive member of IETE centre, Amravati.
- Life member of IAENG ( M- 156898 )
[Dr. Salim A. Chavan]
Dr. Salim A. Chavan
Ph.D. (Electronics Engg) M.E.(Digital Electronics) B.E. ( Electronics Engg) LMISTE,FIETE,IAENG,IFERP Principal, WCEM,Nagpur Formerly,
+91 9763702575, 9511761245.